GoPlay is extremely excited to announce our sponsorship of The International Goalkeeper Coaches Conference at The Sawgrass Grand Hotel, happening June 2-4th 2017.
The conference is organized by founder and director Phil Wheddon, a former Goalkeeper Coach of the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams. After attending a Goalkeeping conference in Holland, Phil recognized the need for a similar conference in the United States. When returning from Holland, he began putting together a non-licensing, non-affiliated event specifically for goalkeeper coaches.
The conference will offer some of the best goalkeeper training the world has to offer featuring some of the worlds’ best goalkeeper coaches including:
– Michael Rechner – First Team Goalkeeper Coach, Bundesliga – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. Since 2008 Michael has also been the Goalkeeper Coach TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Academy / Coordinator Goalkeeping. In 1999-2004 Michael played professionally in Germany: Hamburger SV, Mannheim, Leipzig.
– Hugo Oliveira – Premier League Hull City Goalkeeper Coach. Former S. L. Benfica and Portuguese National team goalkeeper coach. Worked with talents such as Jan Oblak, Julio Cesar, Ederson Moraes and more.
– Eric Steele – Ex-Derby County, Aston Villa, Manchester City and Manchester United GK Coach. Former FA GK Coach of the year – has coached football greats; Peter Schmeichel, Thomas Sorensen, Joe Hart, Edwin van der Sar and David de Gea.
– Andrew Sparkes – Head of Academy Goalkeeping Swansea City. Previously @newyorkredbulls Head of Academy Goalkeeping | u18 GK Coach @redbullsalzburg
– Lee Kendall – England WNT Goalkeeper Coach Since 2014. Lee works primarily with the senior squad of Goalkeepers, but he also oversees the program from the U15 to Senior International team. As part of the England WNT bronze medal winners in the 2015 World Cup in Canada, Lee helped aid Karen Bardsley performances in the FIFA tournament.
– John Cone, PhD. – Soccer-specific Fitness Specialist and Founder of Fit for 90. John has a PhD in kinesiology and is a former MLS assistant coach and director of sports science.
“The International Goalkeeper Coaches Conference is the only conference in the country dedicated to the development of goalkeeper coaches and the goalkeeping position. The IGCC is committed to bringing together the top goalkeeping coaches from around the world to share information and impact the development of goalkeepers worldwide. With that in mind we are thrilled to partner with GoPlay Tours, the industry leader in sports tours both domestically and internationally. As a partner, GoPlay will offer amazing opportunities for attendees to experience the game at the highest levels in unique settings. GoPlay Tours will provide access to coaches and training environments that will give our coaches and their players an insight into the workings and operations of some of the top clubs in the world. GoPlay Tours is, without a doubt, the #1 recommended sports tours company in the country and we are excited to enter into this partnership with them.”
Phil Wheddon, Director and Founder of the International Goalkeeper Coaches Conference
“The International Goalkeeper Coaches Conference is a world-class collection of goalkeepers and coaches that gives attendees the chance to learn, network and grow. At GoPlay, our mission is to help players and coaches see the world and reach their full potential as players in the process. We’re absolutely thrilled to support such a world-class organization and partner with such a qualified group of coaches and mentors.”
Brian Ainscough, GoPlay Tours Technical Director
To receive a $200 discount on registration for the conference, use the discount code GOPLAY17 before May 1st.
All of the details around the conference program, accommodations and presenters are available at www.internationalgoalkeepercoaches.com